No credit card required
This chapter covers CompTIA Network+ objective 2.6. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
• What are the features of CSMA/CD?
• How do broadcasts and collisions impact network performance?
• What are the transmission rates of Ethernet technologies?
• What are the characteristics of 100Base Ethernet technologies?
• What are the characteristics of 1000Base networking?
• What are the characteristics of 10GBase Ethernet technologies
• What are the various Ethernet standards?
As discussed in Chapter 1, “Introduction to Computer Networking,” a topology defines the structure of a network, and network standards define how it works. As early as the 1970s, it was ...