Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA Network+ N10-005 exam success with this CompTIA Authorized Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning and a CompTIA Authorized Platinum Partner.
Master Network+ exam topics
Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
Practice with realistic exam questions on the DVD
CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling author and expert instructor Kevin Wallace shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this authorized study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The authorized study guide helps you master all the topics on the Network+ exam, including:
Computer networks and the OSI model
Wide Area Networks (WANs)
Kevin Wallace, CCIE No. 7945, is one of the most prolific and best-selling authors in the networking industry. He is a certified Cisco instructor, and he holds multiple certifications including CCNP, CCNP Voice, CCNP Security, and CCDP, in addition to multiple security and voice specializations. With networking experience dating back to 1989 (and computer experience dating back to 1982), Kevin is a Senior Technical Instructor for SkillSoft. Kevin has been a network design specialist for the Walt Disney World Resort and a network manager for Eastern Kentucky University.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Introducing Computer Networks
- Chapter 2. Dissecting the OSI Model
- Chapter 3. Identifying Network Components
- Chapter 4. Understanding Ethernet
- Chapter 5. Working with IP Addresses
- Chapter 6. Routing Traffic
- Chapter 7. Introducing Wide-Area Networks
- Chapter 8. Connecting Wirelessly
- Chapter 9. Optimizing Network Performance
- Chapter 10. Using Command-Line Utilities
- Chapter 11. Managing a Network
- Chapter 12. Securing a Network
- Chapter 13. Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Chapter 14. Final Preparation
- Appendix A. Answers to Review Questions
- CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Exam Updates, Version 1.0
- Appendix C. Memory Tables
- Appendix D. Memory Table Answer Key
- Title: CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 9780132786782