After completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
• What are the elements in a structured troubleshooting model?
• What common physical layer troubleshooting issues might you encounter?
• What potential Layer 2 issues are you most likely to face when troubleshooting a network containing Ethernet switches?
• Aside from routing protocol troubleshooting, what Layer 3 troubleshooting issues are common in a routed network?
• How do characteristics unique to wireless networks impact your troubleshooting of a network containing wireless access points?
As you perform your day-to-day tasks of administering a network, a significant percentage of your time will be dedicated to ...