This chapter covers the following official Network+ objectives:
• Explain the methods of network access security.
• Explain methods of user authentication.
• Explain common threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation techniques.
• Given a scenario, install and configure a basic firewall.
• Categorize different types of network security appliances and methods.
This chapter covers CompTIA Network+ objectives 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6. For more information on the official Network+ exam topics, see the “About the Network+ Exam” section in the “Introduction.”
One of the primary goals of today’s network administrators is to design, implement, and maintain secure networks. This is not always easy. No network can ever be ...