Answers to Written Labs
Chapter 1: Introduction to Networks
1. Bus, ring, and star
2. Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
7. MultiProtocol Label Switching
8. Wide area network
9. A segment
Chapter 2: The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications
1. The Application layer is responsible for finding the network resources broadcast from a server and adding flow control and error control (if the application developer chooses).
2. The Physical layer takes frames from the Data Link layer and encodes the 1s and 0s into a digital signal for transmission on the network medium.
3. The Network layer provides routing through an internetwork and logical addressing.
4. The Presentation ...