Authentication and Access Control
The Following CompTIA Network+ Exam Objectives Are Covered in This Chapter:
- 5.2 Explain the methods of network access security.
- MAC filtering
- IP filtering
- Port filtering
- Tunneling and encryption:
- SSL VPN
- Site-to-site and client-to-site
- Remote access:
- 5.3 Explain methods of user authentication.
- AAA (RADIUS, TACACS+)
- Network access control (802.1x, posture assessment)
- Two-factor authentication
- Multifactor authentication
- Single sign-on
So far, you’ve learned a lot about networking standards and related technologies and even how to make computers and devices communicate so you can get a network up ...