The Following CompTIA Network+ Exam Objectives Are Covered in This Chapter:
- 1.8 Given a scenario, implement the following network troubleshooting methodology:
- Identify the problem:
- Information gathering
- Identify symptoms
- Question users
- Determine if anything has changed
- Establish a theory of probable cause:
- Question the obvious
- Test the theory to determine cause:
- Once theory is confirmed determine next steps to resolve problem.
- If theory is not confirmed, re-establish new theory or escalate.
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects
- Implement the solution or escalate as necessary
- Verify full system functionality and if applicable implement preventative measures
- Document ...