Risk Management and Business Impact Analysis
In this chapter, you will
• Understand concepts of business impact analysis
• Understand concepts of risk management
• Explore risk management processes
• Compare and contrast various types of controls
• Learn the categories of security controls
Risk management is a core business function of an enterprise, for it is through the risk management process that an enterprise can maximize its return on investments. Understanding the business impact of operations associated with the enterprise is key for business success. This can be accomplished using a business impact analysis. Using the data from the analysis, coupled with a threat analysis and a risk assessment process, the enterprise ...