In this chapter, you will
• Identify the different types of cryptography
• Learn about current cryptographic methods
• Understand how cryptography is applied for security
• Given a scenario, utilize general cryptography concepts
• Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography
Cryptography is the science of encrypting, or hiding, information—something people have sought to do since they began using language. Although language allowed them to communicate with one another, people in power attempted to hide information by controlling who was taught to read and write. Eventually, more complicated methods of concealing information by shifting letters around to make the text unreadable were developed. ...