This Cram Sheet contains the distilled, key facts about the Security+ exam. Review this information as the last step before you enter the testing center, paying special attention to those areas where you think that you need the most review.
1. Programming errors can result in system compromise, allowing someone to gain unauthorized privileges, known as privilege escalation.
2. Forms of system security threats include the following:
• Viruses—Infect systems and spread copies of themselves
• Trojans—Disguise malicious code within apparently useful applications
• Logic bombs—Trigger on a particular condition
• Worms—Self-replicating forms of other types of malicious code
• Bots—Systems that ...