Chapter 4Application, Data, and Host Security
CompTIA Security+ exam objectives covered in this chapter include the following:
- 4.1 Explain the importance of application security controls and techniques.
- Secure coding concepts
- Error and exception handling
- Input validation
- Cross-site scripting prevention
- Cross-site Request Forgery (XSRF) prevention
- Application configuration baseline (proper settings)
- Application hardening
- Application patch management
- NoSQL databases vs. SQL databases
- Server-side vs. Client-side validation
- 4.2 Summarize ...