AppendixAnswers to Review Questions
Chapter 1: Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- C. Banner grabbing is the communications technique a hacker can use to identify the product that is running on an open port facing the Internet.
- A. The only real option to return a system to a secure state after a rootkit is reconstitution.
- D. Social engineering is more likely to occur if users aren’t properly trained to detect and prevent it. The lack of user awareness training won’t have as much impact on man-in-the-middle, reverse hash-matching, or physical intrusion attacks.
- C. A watering hole attack could be used to plant phone-home-to-identity malware on the systems of subsequent visitors.
- A, B, and D. A programmer can implement the most effective ...
Get CompTIA Security+ Review Guide, 4th Edition now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.