27+ Hours of Video Instruction
Get the edge you need to successfully study for the CompTIA Security+ exam!
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-701) is designed to prepare you for the SY0-701 version of the Security+ exam. It is an engaging self-paced video training solution that provides learners with more than 27.5 hours of personal training from security expert Sari Greene.
With topic-focused instructional videos, you will gain an in-depth understanding of each exam objective in the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-701) exam, as well as a deeper understanding of security foundations and principles to ensure exam success. This self-paced video course maps to the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam Objectives for the SY0-701 exam, which has been updated to reflect current and emerging cybersecurity trends and techniques. At the end of every sub lesson you’ll find a three-second challenge, a Security-in-Action case study, and a word cloud that displays key concepts and terminology.
- At the end of every lesson, you’ll find a Deep Dive quiz to help you assess your knowledge and progress.
- At the end of every module, you’ll find practical application Closer Look labs.
Sign up for live training on CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 with Sari Greene:
The exam objectives are organized into five domains:
- General Security Concepts
- Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Mitigations
- Security Architecture
- Security Operations
- Security Program Management and Oversight
About the Instructor
Sari Greene (CISSP-ISSMP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, SEC+, NSA/IAM) is an information security practitioner, author, educator, entrepreneur, and sailor. In 2003, Sari founded one of the first dedicated cybersecurity consultancies. She is a recognized leader in the field of cybersecurity and has amassed thousands of hours in the field working with a spectrum of technical, operational, compliance, and management personnel as well as boards of directors, regulators, service providers, and law enforcement agencies.
Sari is the author and presenter of multiple best-selling certification videos including CISSP Complete Video Course 1st, 2nd, and 3rd editions, the Pearson Complete Course for CISM and the CompTIA SY0-501 and SY0-601 Security+ Complete Video Courses. Sari has published a number of articles related to cybersecurity, has been quoted in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, on CNN and on CNBC, and speaks regularly at cybersecurity, legal, financial, and healthcare conferences and workshops around the country. Sari serves on the Bangor Savings Bank Board of Directors and chairs the Enterprise Risk Management Committee. In 2018, Sari was named Cybersecurity Educator of the Year and presented with the Cybersecurity Excellence award. The Cybersecurity Excellence Awards is an annual competition honoring individuals and companies that demonstrate excellence, innovation, and leadership in information security.
Intermediary to Advanced
Learn How To
- Confidently understand every objective on the CompTIA Security+ exam—this course covers every objective and topic in depth.
- Prepare for exam success—Sari shares her best practices for studying for and taking the Security+ exam.
- Enhance your real-world cybersecurity skills and knowledge.
CompTIA recommends but does not require at least two years of experience in IT administration with a focus on security prior to taking the certification exam.
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone preparing for the CompTIA Security+ examination. Secondary audience: IT professionals
- Anyone interested in learning security fundamentals
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
- Module 1: General Security Concepts
- Lesson 1: Compare and Contrast Various Types of Security Controls
- Lesson 2: Summarize Fundamental Security Concepts
- Lesson 3: Explain the Importance of Change Management Processes and the Impact to Security
- Lesson 4: Explain the Importance of Using Appropriate Cryptographic Solutions
- Module 1 Closer Look Labs
- Module 2: Threats, Vulnerabilities and Mitigations
- Lesson 5: Compare and Contrast Common Threat Actors and Motivations
- Lesson 6: Explain Common Threat Vectors and Attack Surfaces
- Lesson 7: Explain Various Types of Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 8: Given a Scenario, Anaylze Indicators of Malicious Activity
- Lesson 9: Explain the Purpose of Mitigation Techniques Used to Secure the Enterprise
- Module 2 Closer Look Labs
- Module 3: Security Architecture
- Lesson 10: Compare and Contrast Security Implications of Different Architecture Models
- Lesson 11: Given a Scenario, Apply Security Principles to Secure the Enterprise
- Lesson 12: Compare and Contrast Concepts and Strategies to Protect Data
- Lesson 13: Explain the Importance of Resilience and Recovery in Security Architecture
- Module 3 Closer Look Labs
- Module 4: Security Operations
- Lesson 14: Given a Scenario, Apply Common Security Techniques to Computing Resources
- Lesson 15: Explain the Security Implications of Proper Hardware, Software, and Data Asset Management
- Lesson 16: Explain Various Activities Associated with Vulnerability Management
- Lesson 17: Explain Security Alerting and Monitoring Concepts and Tools
- Lesson 18: Given a Scenario, Modify Enterprise Capabilities to Enhance Security
- Lesson 19: Given a Scenario, Implement and Maintain Identity and Access Management
- Lesson 20: Explain the Importance of Automation and Orchestration Related to Secure Operations
- Lesson 21: Explain Appropriate Incident Response Activities
- Lesson 22: Given a Scenario, Use Data Sources to Support an Investigation
- Module 4 Closer Look Labs
- Module 5: Security Program Management and Oversight
- Lesson 23: Summarize Effective Security Governance
- Lesson 24: Explain Elements of the Risk Management Process
- Lesson 25: Explain the Processes Associated with Third-Party Risk Assessment and Management
- Lesson 26: Summarize Elements of Effective Security Compliance
- Lesson 27: Explain Types and Purposes of Audits and Assessment
- Lesson 28: Given a Scenario, Implement Security Awareness Practices
- Module 5 Closer Look Labs
- Module 6: Preparing for the Exam
- Lesson 29: Attaining Your SY0-701 Security+ Certification
- Title: CompTIA Security+ SY0-701
- Release date: September 2023
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0138251061
You might also like
Practical Python: Learn Python Basics Step by Step - Python 3
Python is one of the most popular programming languages and gives a lot of scope and …
More Than 16 Hours of Video Instruction Overview CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive …
CompTIA Security+ SY0-601
23+ Hours of Video Instruction Get intensive, hands-on CompTIA Security+ training with Sari Greene in this …
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam
23+ Hours of Video Instruction The CAPM exam will be updated. This video course is your …