In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Select ideal locations for equipment in server rooms or data centers
• Identify power requirements for storage implementations
• Determine storage system HVAC needs
• Explain the pros and cons of different methods of data center fire suppression
• Install or maintain storage equipment without hurting yourself or damaging equipment
Storage systems are housed in a data center or server room. These facilities must be adequately cooled and powered for the equipment to function correctly.