3. Computational Intelligence Versus Statistical Approaches
• To understand the difference between computational intelligence and statistical models
• To gain insights into computational intelligence by learning the conditions under which it could be used
• To understand when computational intelligence has an upper hand over statistical approaches
• To understand that computational intelligence is needed when managers face big data problems and are uncertain of the assumptions needed to specify consequences and impact of decision alternatives
• To appreciate the power of computational intelligence in adding value to one’s business
Although most (if not all) literature on big data analysis utilizes statistical ...