Make the most of your new Windows® 8.1 notebook, desktop computer, or tablet–without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to get comfortable, get productive, get online, get started with social networking, make more connections, and have more fun!
Even if you’ve never used a Windows computer before, this book shows you how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Computer basics have never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple using computers could be?
This is today’s best beginner’s guide to using your computer or tablet with the new Windows 8.1 operating system…simple, practical instructions for doing everything you really want to do! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Set up Windows 8.1 and get online fast
• Use the new Windows 8.1 Modern interface
• Get started with social networking on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
• Use Windows 8.1’s built-in apps–and find great new apps in the Windows Store
• Connect printers and external storage, and set up automatic file backup
• Create a home network in just minutes
• Go online to shop, sell your stuff, manage your money, and do research
• Get your office work done fast
• Organize, view, and share photos
• Play music using Windows 8.1, iTunes, or streaming music services
• Watch TV shows and movies online
• Protect yourself against viruses, spyware, and spam
• Keep your system running
reliably at top speed