INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER
- Digital and analog computers
- Characteristics of computer—Speed, accuracy, diligence, storage capability, versatility
- History of computer—Calculating machines, Napier’s bones, slide rule, Pascal's adding and subtraction machine, Leibniz's multiplication and dividing machine, punch card system, Babbage's analytical engine, Hollerith's punched card tabulating machine
- Generations of computer
- First generation (1940 to 1956): Using vacuum tubes
- Second generation (1956 to 1963): Using transistors
- Third generation (1964 to 1971): Using integrated circuits
- Fourth generation (1971 to present): Using microprocessors
- Fifth generation (present and next): Using artificial intelligence
- Classification of computer—Microcomputers ...
Get Computer Fundamentals now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.