INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER
- Digital and analog computers
- Characteristics of computer—Speed, accuracy, diligence, storage capability, versatility
- History of computer—Calculating machines, Napier’s bones, slide rule, Pascal's adding and subtraction machine, Leibniz's multiplication and dividing machine, punch card system, Babbage's analytical engine, Hollerith's punched card tabulating machine
- Generations of computer
- First generation (1940 to 1956): Using vacuum tubes
- Second generation (1956 to 1963): Using transistors
- Third generation (1964 to 1971): Using integrated circuits
- Fourth generation (1971 to present): Using microprocessors
- Fifth generation (present and next): Using artificial intelligence
- Classification of computer—Microcomputers ...
Get Computer Fundamentals now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.