- Objectives of OS
- Types of OS—Single user and single task, single user and multitasking, multiuser, multiprocessing, real time, embedded OS
- Functions of OS—Process management, memory management, file management, device management, protection and security, user interface
- Process management
- Process—Process states (new, ready, running, waiting, terminated)
- CPU scheduling—Scheduler, scheduling algorithms (FCFS, SJF, RR)
- Process synchronization—Concurrent processes, race condition
- Deadlock—Deadlock conditions, deadlock prevention, deadlock avoidance
- Memory management
- Memory allocation—Multiple partition allocation, paging
- Virtual memory—Demand paging
- File management—Files, directory structure
- Device management—Device ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.