After reading this chapter and completing the exercises, you will be able to do the following:
• Recognize the importance of security policies.
• Understand the various policies and the rationale for them.
• Know what elements go into good policies.
• Create policies for network administration.
• Evaluate and improve existing policies.
So far in this book we have explored various threats to networks. And in Chapter 9, “Computer Security Software,” we examined a variety of technical defenses against such attacks. However, the fact is that technology by itself cannot solve all network security problems. There are some issues that technology cannot stop. Examples of this include the following: ...