Get Computer Structure and Logic now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• History of Computers—This section briefly describes the first computers such as the ENIAC, UNIVAC, and the Atanasoff-Berry computer.
• The von Neumann Computer Model—In this section, you learn about the computer architecture on which almost all computers today are based.
• Modern Computers—This section delves into today’s computers, detailing the arrival of the transistor and the integrated circuit.
• History of the PC—The most common type of computer by far is the PC. This section discusses the birth of the PC, IBM’s role in the growth of PCs in the 1980s, and today’s PC industry leaders.
• What Is a PC?—This section details exactly what a PC is and who are ...