On completion of this chapter, you should be able to
- Understand how to set a baseline
- Understand how to set the status date and the current date
- Understand how to record progress of various tasks during project execution
- Understand what is meant by earned value (EV)
- Understand how MS-Project can be used to compute the EV metrics
In previous chapters, we discussed the use of Microsoft Project Professional, for project planning. Many a professional and organization limit the use of the software just for that. However, MS-Project can also be used to update the progress made. This is very important, considering that this will help us use MS-Project throughout the project life cycle. After updating the tasks ...