On completion of this chapter, you should be able to
- Understand what is meant by an external dependency in a project
- Understand how to represent external dependency in an MS-Project schedule
- Understand the concept of master project and subproject
- Understand different ways of merging subprojects
- Understand the creation and use of resource pool
In earlier chapters, we discussed about managing a single project. However, a project may be very big, and may have several thousand tasks (activities), executed by hundreds of departments or subcontractors. In such cases, it is easier to organize and manage these projects as subprojects of a master project. At times, even though the project is not very ...