Transaction Management in Database
- Defining transaction.
- Understanding transaction properties.
- Knowing different states of transactions.
- Understanding concurrent execution of a transaction and problems which occur during concurrent execution.
- Identifying problem of deadlock.
- Learning backup and recovery procedure.
- Understanding importance of security, integrity and authorization in database transaction.
When the database contains large volume of data, which is shared among many users for reading and writing, it is very important that data is read and updated correctly during the transaction. Transaction should be completed successfully; otherwise, the database will contain inconsistent data.