This chapter covers
- Using declarative programming semantics
- Isolating and controlling side effects
- Implementing and using a parallel
- Maximizing hardware resource utilization
- Implementing a reusable parallel MapReduce pattern
This chapter presents MapReduce, one of the most widely used functional programming patterns in software engineering. Before delving into MapReduce, we’ll analyze the declarative programming style that the functional paradigm emphasizes and enforces, using PLINQ and the idiomatic F#,
PSeq. Both technologies analyze a query statement at runtime and make the best strategy decision concerning how to execute the query in accordance with available system ...