Guerilla user research, says UX strategy expert Jaime Levy, is what you do when you’re ready to test your product idea with potential customers (end-users) and you don’t have the time or budget for more traditional forms of user research, like focus groups or surveys. In this course–number four in Levy’s five part series on UX strategy–Levy gives detailed practical instruction on how to conduct guerilla user research that is low cost, quick to provide user feedback, and most importantly, accurate in terms of its ability to validate–or invalidate–your product’s value proposition.
- Learn how to conduct guerilla user research interviews that vet products in less than three weeks
- Master the five steps you must take when planning your guerilla user research
- Discover how to quickly find and screen research participants who fit your customer profiles
- Gain free access to a best-practices guerilla user research interviewing tool
- Learn to synthesize research into results that validate or invalidate a product idea
- Watch as Levy sets a guerilla research effort in an L.A. cafe–and don’t forget to tip!
Jaime Levy is a UX strategist and designer with 25+ years of professional experience making things profitably interactive for clients like Cisco Systems, Honda, and Sony. She runs Los Angeles based UX strategy company JLR Interactive; teaches UX strategy and design at the University of Southern California; authored the O'Reilly title, UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want; and has a mighty interesting bio on Wikipedia.
Table of contents
- What is Validated User Research
- The Planning Phase
- The Interview Phase
- The Analysis Phase
- Title: Conducting Methodical Guerrilla User Research
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491967249
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
O'Reilly Strata Data Conference 2019 - New York, New York
The 2019 Strata Data Conference NYC, the biggest Big Data conference in the world, was a …