Guerilla user research, says UX strategy expert Jaime Levy, is what you do when you’re ready to test your product idea with potential customers (end-users) and you don’t have the time or budget for more traditional forms of user research, like focus groups or surveys. In this course–number four in Levy’s five part series on UX strategy–Levy gives detailed practical instruction on how to conduct guerilla user research that is low cost, quick to provide user feedback, and most importantly, accurate in terms of its ability to validate–or invalidate–your product’s value proposition.
- Learn how to conduct guerilla user research interviews that vet products in less than three weeks
- Master the five steps you must take when planning your guerilla user research
- Discover how to quickly find and screen research participants who fit your customer profiles
- Gain free access to a best-practices guerilla user research interviewing tool
- Learn to synthesize research into results that validate or invalidate a product idea
- Watch as Levy sets a guerilla research effort in an L.A. cafe–and don’t forget to tip!
Jaime Levy is a UX strategist and designer with 25+ years of professional experience making things profitably interactive for clients like Cisco Systems, Honda, and Sony. She runs Los Angeles based UX strategy company JLR Interactive; teaches UX strategy and design at the University of Southern California; authored the O'Reilly title, UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want; and has a mighty interesting bio on Wikipedia.
Table of contents
- What is Validated User Research
- The Planning Phase
- The Interview Phase
- The Analysis Phase
- Title: Conducting Methodical Guerrilla User Research
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491967249
You might also like
Conducting methodical guerrilla user research without monkey business
Guerrilla User Research has gotten itself a bad rap because the way in which it is …
Conducting Competitive Research and Analysis
UX expert Jaime Levy has a proven formula for performing UX strategy based on four tenets. …
Using Goals to Understand Users
Successful product managers use advanced goal setting and tracking techniques inside analytics systems like Google Analytics …
Unlearn: Let Go of Past Success to Achieve Extraordinary Results
A transformative system that shows leaders how to rethink their strategies, retool their capabilities, and revitalize …