Developing bullet-proof beliefs
“For they conquer who believe they can.”
John Dryden, poet
In this chapter you will …
- learn that, while your beliefs have a strong effect on how you feel and behave, they may not always be an accurate reflection of what is going on around you
- come to appreciate that your beliefs and attitude are not permanent – you can choose to change them
- discover tried-and-tested techniques for challenging unhelpful beliefs and replacing them with more helpful ones
- learn to feel motivated and confident by changing the messages you tell yourself and the images you play out in your head
- explore a simple yet proven method for developing your sense of optimism.
Confidence is a mind game. Confidence comes not from being tall ...