Dealing confidently with setbacks
“What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty and every difficulty has an opportunity.”
J. Sidlow Baxter, theologian
In this chapter you will …
- come to appreciate that everyone experiences temporary setbacks and that adversity is a necessary part of personal growth
- train yourself to treat setbacks as obstacles to be overcome rather than signs to give up
- discover ways to deal with the emotional fallout of difficult situations
- apply techniques to find novel and effective ways to tackle problems
- learn to look for the positives in every situation.
Everyone experiences at least occasional setbacks and disappointments. Hardly anyone ...