Ron Dimon’s thought-leading second edition of the book originally entitled Enterprise Performance Management Done Right, published in 2012, is a practical roadmap for using Connected Planning to develop an agile organization and to navigate the complex Enterprise Performance Management landscape.
According to esteemed author, researcher, and Management professor Dr. Christopher Neck, “In the same way that one needs to be self-leading to finish a grueling marathon, an organization must be self-leading in order to execute on its plans in an efficient and effective manner. What drives self-leadership at all levels in an organization? The people within the organization of course—and those people must be involved in the planning occurring in an organization. Without a plan, an organization has no direction.”
Since 2012, much has changed in the world of connecting strategy with improved performance: new, cloud-based, in-memory technologies have been adopted by the largest organizations in the world. This book is for CFOs, CIOs, their direct reports, and any organizational visionary or aspiring leader who wants to ‘‘bring it all together’’ and create an actionable vision and plan for improving readiness, resilience, and performance.
Table of contents
- TITLE PAGE
- CHAPTER 1: What's Broken and What's Possible?
- CHAPTER 2: Connected Planning
- CHAPTER 3: A Planning Operating System
- CHAPTER 4: Debate: What Can We Do, and What Should We Do?
- CHAPTER 5: Commit: Who Will Deliver What, by When?
- CHAPTER 6: Visualize: Where Are We, Right Now?
- CHAPTER 7: Understand: Why Did We Get the Results We Got?
- CHAPTER 8: Execute: From Insights to Actions to Results
- CHAPTER 9: Strategy: Everyone Aligned to the Right Outcomes
- CHAPTER 10: Digital Planning
CHAPTER 11: Bringing It All Together
- A Common Business Language
- Maturity Is in the Arrows
- Return on Investment and Total Cost of Ownership
- Standard Architecture
- Your Connected Planning Roadmap
- Organizational Readiness: The Connected Planning Center of Excellence
- Paralyzed by Feuds?
- Connected Planning and Incentive Plans
- How Do You Get Started?
- APPENDIX: AN EPM MATURITY MODEL
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Title: Connected Planning, 2nd Edition
- Release date: May 2021
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119485803
You might also like
Continuous API Management
A lot of work is required to release an API, but the effort doesn’t always pay …
Product Roadmaps Relaunched
A good product roadmap is one of the most important and influential documents an organization can …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Head First Design Patterns
What’s so special about design patterns? At any given moment, someone struggles with the same software …