Virtual machines changed the world and containers swooped in shortly after. Kubernetes now empowers us to wield both technologies according to our needs.
Kris Nova (Independent) examines the motivation for each unique piece of technology and dives into use cases for both. She then discusses the migration path of building hybrid cloud native systems from conventional virtualized infrastructure and explores concerns of each application encapsulation method. You’ll learn when to use which technology as well as the exciting primitives Kubernetes gives you to manage both containers and VMs seamlessly in a declarative way.
If you’re currently running large stateful workloads on virtual machine infrastructure and are considering moving to Kubernetes, this talk is for you.
- A working knowledge of a legacy virtual machine infrastructure
What you'll learn
- Gain confidence that you can design and implement systems spanning both virtual machines and container infrastructure for your engineering organization
- Learn valuable lessons about architecting these systems in the field taken from real-life concrete examples from field engineering work
This session was recorded at the 2019 O'Reilly Open Source Software conference in Portland.
- Title: Conquering both containers and virtual machines with Kubernetes
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920335696
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Kubernetes in 7 Days
Build strong Kubernetes foundations in 1 week About This Video Learn how to build, manage, and …
This is a crash course on Kubernetes, designed for those new to Kubernetes and for those …
Istio: Up and Running
You did it. You successfully transformed your application into a microservices architecture. But now that you’re …