CHAPTER 2 How Do I Prepare?
When it comes to group decision-making, so much of what determines success occurs before anyone steps into the meeting room. The eight building blocks described in this chapter make up the foundation for a successful consensus process. They are:
- Determine whether consensus is a good fit
- Decide who to involve in the decision
- Enlist a skilled facilitator
- Clarify the group’s scope and authority
- Educate group members
- Develop an agenda
- Gather the relevant information
- Start the meeting off right
Determine Whether Consensus Is a Good Fit
Consensus is a vehicle for getting to a particular destination. In this case, that destination is a high-quality decision to which key stakeholders are committed. Selecting the right ...