- What is the wavelength of a radio station broadcasting at 1,000 Hz frequency? Speed of radio waves is equal to 3 × 108 m/s.
- Assume that Young's modulus for silver is 7.75 × 1010 N/m2 at 20°C. If it has a density of 1.05 × 103 kg/m3, how fast does sound travel through silver?
(2.67 × 103 m/s)
- Copper has a density of 9 g/cm3 and a bulk modulus of 1.2 × 1011 N/m2. What is the speed of a wave through it?
(3.6 × 103 m/s)
- A person standing 99 m from the foot of a tall cliff claps his hands and hears an echo 0.6 s later. Calculate the velocity of sound in air.
- What are the wave lengths in air of the piano's lowest note (frequency 27.5 Hz) and its highest (frequency 4,186 Hz)? Speed of sound is equal to 330 m/s. ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.