This video introduces you to the basics of containers, images, and orchestration as they relate to Go programming. You’ll learn the advantages that containers can bring to your Go projects and explore the reasons you might want to consider using containers. The course will work best for intermediate-level programmers (any language) who are comfortable with the Linux CLI.
- Pick up the basic concepts of containers, images, and orchestration
- Learn the benefits of using containers for Go development and production projects
- Understand the advantages of images and orchestration, and how they affect Go development
- Master the differences between a virtual machine and a container
- Explore Go resources and the next steps for working with containers and Go
Liz Rice is a technology evangelist for Acqua Security, the CEO of Microscaling Systems, and one of the developers of MicroBadger, the tool for managing container metadata. An in-demand speaker at O'Reilly OSCON and Velocity conferences, Liz has 25+ years of software development, team management, and product management experience working with network protocols, distributed systems, and digital technology in sectors like VOD, music, and VoIP.
- Title: Containers and Go
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491990544