Is your content working? Is it engaging your audience? Is it turning them into repeat visitors and/or paying customers? In this video, content strategy expert Laura Busch explores the content experiments successful content managers use to find answers to these types of questions. She begins with an explanation of how to define the success metrics and content variations one must establish before embarking on a content experiment and then moves into a detailed explanation of nine proven types of content experiments. You’ll come away with a firm grasp of the why and how of content experiments and the confidence to create your own.
- Discover what content experiments are and how they’re used to test content performance
- Understand the role of conversion rates and statistical significance in content experiments
- Determine how to best define your content experiment success metrics and content variations
- Learn about headline A/B testing, time zone testing, distribution testing, and more
- Explore nine content experiments you can use to gauge customer engagement and conversion
Laura Busche, director of content strategy at Creative Market and co-founder of the interactive agency Ozone Labs, has been working in content marketing, branding, social media, and on-line marketing since 2008. She authored the O'Reilly title "Lean Branding"; contributes regularly to Smashing Magazine and Sitepoint; and is a member of the Global Shaper program at the World Economic Forum. She holds a business degree from American University and a M.A. in design management from the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to the Course and What Are Content Experiments? 00:07:21
- Content Experiment 1: Supporting Visuals 00:01:36
- Content Experiment 2: Headlines 00:02:17
- Content Experiment 3: Length 00:02:27
- Content Experiment 4: Formats 00:02:21
- Content Experiment 5: Emotional Appeal 00:02:32
- Content Experiment 6: Niche 00:02:12
- Content Experiment 7: Time Zones 00:02:02
- Content Experiment 8: Gated Downloads 00:02:52
- Content Experiment 9: Distribution Channels 00:03:20
- Title: Content Marketing Experiments to Grow Your Traffic
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491971208