The Copyright Rights: The Coin of Copyright
What precisely do we mean by copyright? The copyright law sets down six exclusive rights of owners:
- The right to reproduce the work.
- The right to prepare derivative works based on the original.
- The right to distribute copies to the public.
- The right to perform the work publicly.
- The right to display the work publicly.
- The right to copy, publicly distribute, and prepare derivative works that are digital audio sound recordings.
To copyright purists, these rights are expansive and embrace every conceivable way in which a work can be copied. Therefore, as technology revolutionized modern communications, copyright kept pace. Whether on radio and television, photocopy or fax machines, the Internet ...