A holistic approach to conversion rate optimization that encompasses an entire business—online and offline—to drive more sales and referrals, and increase bottom-line profits
In order for your business to survive, you must convert anonymous traffic into sales. The better you do that, the more money you make. The science of tweaking and testing webpages to convert the maximum number of people is known as conversion rate optimization (CRO). Convert Every Click introduces an expanded vision of CRO that the author, Benji Rabhan, calls "holistic conversion rate optimization." Internet technology and innovation have changed the way you should be optimizing your business, your marketing, and your websites. The book looks at the psychology behind this new way of optimizing an entire business for more profits. It examines how your website plays a role in your overall business strategy, and details how to use CRO psychology and strategies to increase profits.
Teaches proven strategies for increasing conversions across your entire business
Details various split testing and data gathering methods and when to use each one
Unveils a holistic approach to conversion rate optimization, using technology to create a more customer-centric experience that not only increases conversions, but also improves customer engagement and satisfaction
With guidance from Convert Every Click, you'll learn how to boost conversions and consumption across your entire business by maximizing every bit of your hard-earned traffic before, during, and after a sale.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: What Is Holistic Conversion Rate Optimization?
- Chapter Two: Designing Your Funnel
- Chapter Three: Information Capture and Defining the Ideal Conversion Point
- Chapter Four: Split-Testing Strategies
Chapter Five: How to Gather Data
- Why Bother with Data Gathering?
- Traditional Data Gathering Methods
- Website and Traffic Analytics
- Behavioral Analytics
- Test before You Test Method
- Data Buying, Renting, and Modeling
- E-mail Marketing Data
- Video Analytics
- Traffic Analytics
- What Do You Do with All the Data?
- Common Mistakes to Avoid with Data Gathering
Chapter Six: Conversion-Centric Design
- Universal Conversion Logic
- Where Do You Start?
- Visitors Evaluate Your Page in a Fraction of a Second
- How Important Is Branding for Conversion?
- Using Colors and Contrast
- Using the Eye-Blur Technique to Evaluate Element Weights
- How Page Layout Affects Conversions
- Using Eyelines to Create Clarity, Direction, and Focus
- Consider Treating Each Foldpage Like a Separate Page
- Responsive Design
- Common Mistakes to Avoid with Graphic Design
- Chapter Seven: Conversion-Centric Copywriting
- Chapter Eight: Video Conversion Strategies
- Chapter Nine: Landing Page Strategies
- Chapter Ten: Standard Website Strategies
- Chapter Eleven: Shopping Cart Website Strategies
Chapter Twelve: Mobile Website Strategies
- How Usability Plays a Role in Mobile Conversion
- Make the Goal Easy to Find—Really Easy
- Do You Really Need a Mobile Website?
- Responsive Design Is Becoming More Common
- Some Basics to Consider When Building Your Mobile Website
- How to Use Call Buttons Effectively
- Web Forms Need to Be Simpler, Too
- Common Mistakes to Avoid with Mobile Websites
- Chapter Thirteen: How to Optimize Traffic for Conversion
- Chapter Fourteen: Follow-Up Marketing Strategies
Chapter Fifteen: Advanced Strategies from Benji’s Conversion Vault
- Advanced Strategies 1–3: Three Ways to Use Animation
- Advanced Strategy 4: Using Instant Chat and Instigated (Proactive) Chat
- Advanced Strategy 5: The Foot in the Door Technique
- Advanced Strategy 6: Creating Urgency with Countdown Timers
- Advanced Strategy 7: Discount Remarketing
- Advanced Strategy 8: The Smooth Capture Methodology
- Title: Convert Every Click: Make More Money Online with Holistic Conversion Rate Optimization
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118759707