After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Be able to distinguish between such terms as “systems,” “information systems,” “information technology,” and “accounting information systems.”
2. Learn how information technology (IT) influences accounting systems.
3. Be familiar with suspicious activity reporting.
4. Understand how financial reporting is changing with advances in IT, such as XBRL.
5. Appreciate how IT allows management accountants to use business intelligence to create dashboards and scorecards.
6. Know why auditors provide a variety ...