The Role of the Government in Ensuring Corporate Governance
- Different Roles of Government in the Economy
- State Intervention in a Developing Economy
- Public Governance and Corporate Governance
- Political Governance Requires Restraints of Power
- Public Versus Corporate Governance—A Study of Comparison
Taking the cue from the classical economists, die-hard admirers of capitalism often aver that “the government should get out of the way and let the market function”. Of course, that idea is a myth. Government is absolutely essential in setting up of a market economy. Without rules and structures of a binding nature, anarchy will be the outcome. “Under such conditions business becomes nothing but ‘casino ...