Operational Drivers for Corporate Security Intelligence
- To outline the financial and practical benefits of an intelligence-led approach to security.
- To describe how intelligence helps an organization prevent incidents.
- To show how intelligence helps drive appropriate protective measures.
- To demonstrate the role for intelligence in helping prepare the organization.
- To suggest ways in which intelligence can help drive profits, becoming a key business enabler rather than a cost center.
Chapter 1 outlined the top-level practical benefits of having a corporate security intelligence function. As a reminder, these were as follows:
- To better focus finite security resources
- To inform the alert level status ...