Integrate your React applications with React to build efficient web services.
- Learn React by building applications with Create React App
- Create interactive UIs exploring the latest feature of CRA 2.0
- Build Progressive Web Applications for a more seamless web
If you're a power user and you aren't happy always reusing default configurations, from previous applications with each new application, then all you need is Create React App (CRA), a tool in the React ecosystem designed to help you create boilerplate code for building a web frontend.
This book will help you use CRA to write React programs without significant configuration-related difficulties. With this quick start guide, you will integrate your applications with React to build efficient professional web services.You will learn to design UIs with the features of CRA and template your React applications.
By the end of the book, you will be sufficiently skilled to be able to build faster and effective React apps using CRA.
What you will learn
- Become familiar with React by building applications with Create React App
- Make your frontend development hassle free
- Create interactive UIs exploring the latest features of CRA 2
- Build modern, React projects with, SASS,and progressive web applications
- Develop proxy backend servers and simulate interaction with a full backend
- Keep your application fully tested and maintain confidence in your project
Who this book is for
The book is intended for the web developers who want to jump into building great frontend with React using easy templating solutions.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright and Credits
- About Packt
Introducing Create React App 2
What is Create React App?
- What is the history of Create React App?
- What problems does CRA solve?
- Installing prerequisites for Create React App
- Creating our first Create React App project
- A quick look at the options of CRA
- Let's explore the created project
- Adding code to our project
- Looking forward – what will we do?
- What is Create React App?
Creating Our First Create React App Application
Creating our first major project
- Designing our application
- Building the baseline functionality for our application
- Iterating our project further
- Creating our first major project
- Create React App and Babel
Keep Your App Healthy with Tests and Jest
The why and when of testing
- The history of testing React
- About Jest
- Analyzing the structure of Jest tests
- It's time to add some new tests!
- The why and when of testing
Applying Modern CSS to Create React App Projects
- What tools are available?
- Introducing CSS Modules
- Introducing SASS to our project
- Adding CSS frameworks
Simulate Your Backend with a Proxy API
Simulating a backend server with the proxy API
- Setting up the backend API
- The React component life cycle for mounting
- Communicating with your proxy server with React
- Getting back to passing tests
- Simulating a backend server with the proxy API
Building Progressive Web Applications
Understanding and building PWAs
- What is a PWA?
- Building a PWA in Create React App
- Hooking up Service Workers
- Understanding and building PWAs
- Getting Your App Ready for Production
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Create React App 2 Quick Start Guide
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789952766
You might also like
Progressive Web Apps with React
Enhance the performance of your applications by using React and adding the Progressive web app capability …
Building React Apps with Server-Side Rendering: Use React, Redux, and Next to Build Full Server-Side Rendering Applications
Leverage the benefits of both client-side and server-side rendering to get the most out of your …
React 16 Tooling
React 16 Tooling covers the most important tools, utilities, and libraries that every React developer needs …
Jump Start Vue.js
Get up to speed with Vue.js in a weekend! Since its release in 2014, Vue.js has …