Book descriptionStarting with understanding the types of consulting projects and how they originate, this book shows the reader how to develop networks that can play an important role in generating prospects for consulting projects.
The reader is given the steps of identifying the objective of a project, establishing the project’s scope and deliverables, how insure a successful consulting engagement by having early agreement between the consultant and the client on the process, the deliverables, the timetable and the cost of the project.
The author introduces a process that will guide consultants through the steps of generating a project strategy, tactics and execution plan, and how to present recommendations to the client. Finally, this book will provide insights and guidance on how to build a thriving practice through successful completion of individual consulting projects.
The global consulting market was estimated to be $251 billion U.S. dollars in 2016 and is projected to have steady growth through 2020. There is no better time to pursue a career in consulting and this book will be a useful guide for consultants both established and aspiring.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Genesis of Consulting Projects
- Chapter 2 Types of Consulting Projects
- Chapter 3 Identifying Prospects and Developing Proposals
- Chapter 4 Importance of the Mission and Vision Statements
- Chapter 5 Consulting Project Process
- Chapter 6 Pricing the Consulting Project
- Chapter 7 Elements of a Proposal and Letter of Engagement
- Chapter 8 Communicating Recommendations
- Chapter 9 Design for a Successful Consulting Practice
- Chapter 10 Putting It All Together
- About the Author
- Title: Creating a Successful Consulting Practice
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781948976831
You might also like
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Study Guide
Set yourself apart by becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Take the next step in your …
Delivering Business Analysis: The BA Service handbook
Business analysis (BA) is an important business operation, and with some coordinated effort, it can become …
Exam Ref AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, First Edition
Prepare for Microsoft Exam AZ-900–and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of cloud services and how they …
ITIL® 4 Essentials: Your essential guide for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam and beyond
ITIL 4 Essentials contains everything you need to know to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation Exam …