Your first lap around the track with Blender makes it clear how much horsepower is under the hood. Learn to harness that power and create great 3D game assets. We break down the core elements of Blender’s modeling interface and 3D modeling basics, and walk through modeling from simple objects to complicated structures.
- Explore 3D modeling tools like modifiers, materials, and textures
- Create that complex stone wall or other popular gaming feature
- Get comfortable manipulating the camera to render 3D models
- Discover tricks and hone your technique for importing Blender assets into Unity
Jon Manning, co-founder of Secret Lab, is an iOS development trainer and writer, mobile software engineer, game designer, and computing researcher. In his spare time, he enjoys re-implementing things like OpenGL and the Objective-C runtime. He is working towards a PhD in Human-Computer Interaction.
Table of Contents
- Getting Around Blender
- Modelling a Box
- Modelling a House
- Modelling a Sea Mine
- Modelling a Ruined Stone Wall
- Using it in Unity
- Title: Creating Better Game Assets in Blender
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491992340