Unleash your inner mindful leader
Mindfulness, emotional intelligence and resilience are the “must have skills” for modern leaders—yet many professionals are too stressed to know where to start. Creating Mindful Leaders provides deep insights and easy practices based in neuroscience, brain training and positive psychology to help professionals thrive in the “age of disruption.”
Written by a global COO turned successful tech entrepreneur, the book provides a roadmap to greater health, happiness and performance. It speaks to every professional wanting to reduce stress, achieve greater success and enjoy life more.
- Offers immediately actionable techniques for professionals at all skill levels
- Provides relatable, real-world advice
- Helps build resilience while changing your relationship to stress
- Shares a roadmap for sustainable performance in the face of ongoing change
Creating Mindful Leaders provides an informed, humorous and expert peak into the sources of stress caused by the modern pace of living and offers practical, actionable tools and techniques as the antidote to manage stress, increase resilience, and improve your wellbeing, performance, relationships, sleep and physical health.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: Being a Leader Is Amazing. And It Kinda Sucks
Part I: FOR YOU
- Chapter 1: What Is Mindfulness and Why Should I Care?
- Chapter 2: What's Stressing People Out?
- Chapter 3: The $500 Billion Dollar Slow Leak
- Chapter 4: Are You Increasing Your Resilience or Decreasing It?
- Chapter 5: What Does “Performance” Mean to You?
- Chapter 6: You Versus Technology
- Chapter 7: Invest Five Minutes a Day to Save Your Life
Chapter 8: It's Not a Religion. It's a Lifestyle.
- What's the Right Age to Try Mindfulness?
- Stop Trying to Look Good
- Leave Room for the Jerks in Your Life
- Handling Difficult Conversations
- Mindful Eating Practice
- Mindful Walking Practice
- If Journaling Is for Teenage Girls, Buy Me Some Hairclips
- Balance the High Cost of Outsourcing Your Brain to Apps
- What Part Do You Play in Office Politics?
Part II: FOR YOUR COMPANY
- Chapter 9: Reality Check: How Toxic Is Your Work Culture?
- Chapter 10: Sleepless Nights and the Walking Dead
- Chapter 11: Look, A Squirrel! Distraction and the Growing Safety Crisis
- Chapter 12: Turn Depressing Data Into Healthy Employees
Part III: EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EQ) FOR EVERYONE
- Chapter 13: Building Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Skills for Yourself
- Chapter 14: Increasing Self‐Awareness
- Chapter 15: Improving Self‐Regulation
- Chapter 16: Boosting Motivation
- Chapter 17: Getting Positive – Don't Call it a Comeback
- Chapter 18: Building EQ Skills for Others: Sharing a Better You
- Chapter 19: Applying EQ Skills at Home (Parenting)
- Chapter 20: Do or Die: It's Called Practice For a Reason
- Free Whil Resources
- About the Author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Creating Mindful Leaders
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119484783
You might also like
The Employee Experience
Ever notice how companies with the best service also have the happiest employees? That’s no accident. …
Master Your Mind
You ’ ll get there faster if you just slow down Master Your Mind offers a …
Ten skills for agile leadership Complex challenges are all around us—they impact our companies, our communities, …
Welcome to Management
“The ultimate all-in-one guide to becoming a great leader.” —Daniel Pink From the creator and host …