Create great video tutorials with Camtasia, Camtasia Studio, and other leading tools! Master all the hands-on skills you’ll need, in just 3+ hours of easy video!
Want to deliver great video tutorials, online or off? This video guide will teach you all the skills you’ll need–in just 3+ hours! You don’t need any knowledge of video production: top tech instructor Michael Miller covers it all, simply and easily! First, walk through planning your video, shooting Camtasia “talking head” and “how-to” content, recording PowerPoint presentations, and capturing top-quality screen recordings from computers, Android devices, iPhones, and iPads. Then, learn how to edit your content in Camtasia Studio… improve clarity by using zoom, pan, callouts, effects, and animation… add pro-quality voice narration, audio, captions, backgrounds, and interactive quizzes… output and share your video… and more! There’s no faster way to master video tutorial development whatever your subject, wherever you want to teach it!
About the Instructor
Michael Miller’s 150+ non-fiction books have sold over a million copies worldwide. Miller has also produced many training videos and DVDs for Que Publishing and other companies, including Alpha Books, America Online, BizSummits, Deluxe Corporation, and MarketingProfs. His Que video tutorials include How to Use Gmail, How to Use Snapchat, Getting Started with Instagram, Exploring Instagram’s Hidden Secrets, Shooting and Sharing with Vine, and Facebook Essentials.
- All Levels
What You Will Learn
- How to work with Camtasia video capture/editing software and related tools
- How to capture great “talking head” video and step-by-step procedures
- How to capture screen recordings from computers, smartphones, and tablets
- How to edit video captures and other content with Camtasia Studio
- How to improve teaching effectiveness with callouts, effects, transitions, animation, captions, and other techniques
- How to choose the right video formats, and produce high-quality output
- How to share your video on the web and beyond
Who Should Take This Course
- For everyone who needs to produce training videos for distribution online or offline–whether they are working on their own, or for a company or organization.
- Basic skills in working with a computer
- No video production experience or knowledge is required
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Planning Your Video
Plan your video tutorial: make sure you have the right tools, determine what your viewer needs, outline the steps, write a script, create a storyboard, and choose the best approach for each step–including talking head, talking head with onscreen text, onscreen text only, live video demonstration, computer screenshot, or computer screen recording.
Lesson 2: Shooting Talking Head Video
Shoot effective talking head videos for introductions and summaries: master composition, lighting, backgrounds, sound, equipment, and more.
Lesson 3: Shooting How-To Video
Shoot great video demos: storyboard your shoot… get the right equipment… position your camera and compose your shots… learn when and how to add voiceovers or onscreen text.
Lesson 4: Capturing Screen Recordings with Camtasia Recorder
Master screen recording with Camtasia: learn the basics… start, stop, and pause… choose whether to record audio during screen recordings or add voiceovers later… draw and annotate onscreen, and more.
Lesson 5: Capturing PowerPoint Presentations with Camtasia
Record PowerPoint presentations: choose the best screen dimensions, time your presentation, reliably perform your actual recording, and more.
Lesson 6: Capturing Screens from Mobile Devices
Capture screenshots and screen recordings from iOS and Android devices: use built-in screen captures and the Reflection app, and use TechSmith Fuse to import captured media from a mobile device to Camtasia Studio.
Lesson 7: Editing Your Video with Camtasia Studio
Master basic Camtasia editing: navigating the Camtasia Studio interface, managing multiple tracks, editing multiple videos, using markers, trimming and splitting, saving your project, and more.
Lesson 8: Importing and Managing Media Assets
Understand different types of media you can work with in Camtasia, import your media into Camtasia Studio, manage your media library, and more.
Lesson 9: Adding Transitions
Add transitions between video clips and other assets: choose the best transitions, manage transitions during editing, and more.
Lesson 10: Using Smartfocus to Zoom and Pan
Zoom and pan to draw your viewers’ attention to the important part of a screen–even if it’s too small to see in a typical small viewing window.
Lesson 11: Using Callouts and Cursor Effects to Focus Attention
Draw attention to a specific area of the screen using Camtasia’s callouts: highlight areas, draw on the screen, highlight the computer cursor onscreen, and more.
Lesson 12: Adding Onscreen Text and Graphics
Improve your tutorial videos by adding onscreen text and graphics, and formatting them for maximum clarity and impact.
Lesson 13: Animating Video Content and Adding Special Effects
Animate video content using the timeline, configure animation behavior, and add special effects such as drop shadows and borders.
Lesson 14: Using Chroma Key for Backgrounds
Use a green screen or chroma key effect in Camtasia Studio to add interesting backgrounds to your talking head videos.
Lesson 15: Adding Voice Narration
Learn when and how to use voiceovers, record voice narrations with Camtasia, and edit narration into your video timeline.
Lesson 16: Editing Audio
Fix imperfect recorded audio by trimming, cutting, adding fade ins/fade outs, changing volume levels, and using other audio processing effects.
Lesson 17: Adding Captions
Add captions for your viewers.
Lesson 18: Adding an Interactive Quiz
Improve learning and engagement by adding interactive quizzes to your videos.
Lesson 19: Choosing the Best Video Format
Understand today’s most popular video formats, and choose the right format for your video.
Lesson 20: Producing and Sharing Your Video
Render your video into the right video file format, and then share your finished product online.
About Que Video
Que Video helps you learn technology efficiently with easy-to-follow video tutorials covering popular software apps, online games, and more. Each Que videos are professionally produced and feature the highest quality step-by-step instruction designed by trusted authors and trainers from Que Publishing, an imprint of Pearson–the world’s leading learning company. View Que Videos at http://www.quepublishing.com/quevideo.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1.1 Detailing Your Goals and Strategies 00:07:34
- Lesson 1.2 Determining What Types of Media You Need 00:10:54
- Lesson 1.3 Creating a Script or Storyboard 00:05:05
- Lesson 1.4 Assembling Your Equipment 00:18:48
- Lesson 2.1 Shooting a Talking Head Video 00:09:07
- Lesson 2.2 Shooting a How-To Video 00:08:57
- Lesson 2.3 Capturing Screen Recordings with Camtasia Recorder 00:10:17
- Lesson 2.4 Capturing PowerPoint Presentations with Camtasia 00:13:08
- Lesson 2.5 Capturing Screens from Mobile Devices 00:09:46
- Lesson 3.1 Using Camtasia Studio 00:17:49
- Lesson 3.2 Importing and Managing Media Assets 00:08:25
- Lesson 3.3 Adding Transitions 00:08:55
- Lesson 3.4 Using SmartFocus to Zoom and Pan 00:11:02
- Lesson 3.5 Adding Onscreen Text and Graphics 00:11:14
- Lesson 3.6 Editing in Camtasia 00:08:58
- Lesson 4.1 Using Callouts and Cursor Effects to Focus Animation 00:14:10
- Lesson 4.2 Animating Video Content 00:04:50
- Lesson 4.3 Adding Video Effects 00:05:00
- Lesson 4.4 Using Chroma Key for Backgrounds 00:10:56
- Lesson 4.5 Adding an Interactive Quiz 00:11:46
- Lesson 5.1 Setting Up an Audio Recording Studio 00:12:53
- Lesson 5.2 Recording Voice Narration 00:10:04
- Lesson 5.3 Editing Audio 00:11:34
- Lesson 5.4 Adding Captions 00:07:00
- Lesson 6.1 Choosing the Right Video Format 00:18:13
- Lesson 6.2 Producing Your Video 00:10:54
- Lesson 6.3 Sharing Your Video 00:07:13
- Title: Creating Powerful Training Videos with Camtasia and Other Tools
- Release date: November 2014
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780134086583