Book DescriptionAmongst the wealth of books aimed at helping you to understand and use your camera equipment and software, Creative DSLR Photography is a rare gem that focuses on the real art of photography and the creative, design and composition skills needed to take your work to the next level.
Beginning with the basics of visualisation and perception, the book gives clear guidance on how to interpret a scene, define a subject and develop a personal style. It covers the key creative factors to be considered pre-capture, whilst shooting and post-capture, taking a practical approach and offering valuable pointers that you can incorporate into workflow immediately to dramatically improve results.
Written by two accomplished professional photographers, Creative DSLR Photography is packed with inspiring images from travel, nature and landscape photography, amongst other genres, and includes pro tips on how these stunning shots were created.
Part of Focal's Digital Workflow series, aimed at helping photographers to work faster, work smarter and creative great images. Current series titles include Canon DSLR: The Ultimate Photographer's Guide and Mac OS X for Photographers.
Table of Contents
- Half Title
- Full Title
- Section 1 Perception and the Image
- Section 2 Interpretation and Expression
Section 3 The Process of Image Capture
- Understanding the Photographic Process
- Advantages and Limitations of Digital Cameras
- Color Space and Color Interpretation
- RAW Conversion
- Post-Capture Exposure and Color Balance
- Fixing Digital and Optical Aberrations
- Fine-Tuning a Digital Image
- Selective Exposure and Color Control
- Creating a Monotone Image
- The Digital Print
- The Way to Better Digital Photography
- Title: Creative DSLR Photography
- Release date: January 2013
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9780240521015