The seven essential tools for keeping projects on time and under budget
You're executing risk management, leadership, and planning--all hallmarks of outstanding project management. And yet you're still having trouble keeping your projects on schedule.
Creative Project Management adds two new elements to the mix: creativity and innovation.
Internationally renowned project management consultants Michael Dobson and Ted Leemann combine traditional project management skills, such as risk evaluation, decision-making, and human dynamics, with outside-the-box thinking and business creativity. They provide seven new tools and approaches you can apply to any project.
The methods discussed inside Creative Project Management show you how to:
- Realistically imagine the outcome of your decisions
- Work with--and around--the realities and constraints that affect your decisions
- Read and predict trends
- Manage the long- and short-term ramifications of your decisions
- Evaluate the impact of present and future technologies on your decisions
- Imagine new choices you didn't think you had
Creative Project Management provides an invaluable new set of tools for any project management professional tasked with making difficult decisions in these uncertain times.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Creative Project Management
- Copyright Page
- 1 Why Do 70 Percent of Projects Fail?
- 2 What We Know and What We Think
- 3 The Most Dangerous Word Is a Premature Yes
- 4 Good Enough, Barely Adequate, Failure
- 5 When the Project Appears Impossible
- 6 Knowns and Unknowns: The Risk Factor
- 7 Project: Intelligence
- 8 It Takes a Village to Wreck a Project
- 9 Framing Change
- 10 Salvaging Project Value
- Appendix A Questions for the Creative Project Manager
- Appendix B Cognitive Biases
- Title: Creative Project Management
- Release date: August 2010
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071739344
You might also like
Effective Project Management: Traditional, Agile, Extreme, Sixth Edition
Expert guidance on ensuring project success—the latest edition! Many projects fail to deliver on time and …
The Complete Project Manager, 2nd Edition
The Complete Project Manager, 2nd Edition updates a respected textbook on project management soft skills to …
Project Management Leadership: Building Creative Teams, 2nd Edition
Project Management Leadership is a comprehensive guide to the human factors involved in Project Management, in …
The Standard for Risk Management in Portfolios, Programs, and Projects
The Standard for Risk Management in Portfolios, Programs, and Projects is an update and expansion upon …