A comprehensive guide to reclaiming your financial life
After the dramatic mortgage crisis and stock market collapse, people are beginning to recognize that the only way to secure their financial future is to take charge of their own spending and saving habits. You can survive this crisis, solve your credit problems, and move on to achieve your dreams, and Credit 911 can show you how.
With this book, author Rodney Anderson-a mortgage banker with over twenty years experience reviewing real-life credit cases-shares his intricate understanding of what it takes to improve your credit score and financial standing.
Outlines a practical approach to solving debt and credit problems, as pertaining to marriage, divorce, collections, borrowing, co-signing as well as overcoming foreclosures, short sales, and bankruptcies
Shows you how to re-establish your credit and what lenders look for
Reveals the tricks of credit card companies and how to set up a system to monitor accounts, track payments, comparatively shop for credit cards, avoid credit chasing, and maintain overall capacity
Discusses how to pick the right realtor as well as the right lender, how to secure a mortgage, and to avoid overspending on insurance
We live in a credit economy. Our lives are governed by credit. Credit 911 provides you with a solid understanding of how this system works and offers timely tips on taking control of your financial destiny.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER 1 - America’s #2 Addiction
CHAPTER 2 - Plastic Dynamite
- Fire in the Hole
- Membership Had Its Privileges
- Changing the Rules of the Game
- The Gift That Keeps on Taking
- Someone Always Has It Worse Than You Do
- Somebody Ought to Look into It . . .
- I’m Forever in Your Debt
- Psst! How Would You Like to Save 10 Percent?
- The Rise of the One-Armed Bandit
- The Rich Get Richer
- CHAPTER 3 - Affairs of the Wallet: Marriage
- CHAPTER 4 - Affairs of the Wallet: Divorce
- CHAPTER 5 - Collections: Deal with It
- CHAPTER 6 - The Credit System and How It Works
- CHAPTER 7 - Buying Real Estate Is Not a Joke
- CHAPTER 8 - What If I Lose My Castle?
- CHAPTER 9 - Damage Control
- CHAPTER 10 - Bankruptcy: Losing the Battle to Win the War
- CHAPTER 11 - Saving Your Financial Life
- About the Author
- Title: Credit 911: Secrets and Strategies to Saving Your Financial Life
- Release date: July 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470587614
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
The Design of Everyday Things
First, businesses discovered quality as a key competitive edge; next came science. Now, Donald A. Norman, …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn’t clean, it can bring a development organization …
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management (ENGLISH)
PMBOK® Guide is the go-to resource for project management practitioners. The project management profession has significantly …