CRM Decision Matrix
The best decisions are made both quantitatively and qualitatively. The criteria listed in this chapter are a starting point, but are by no means exhaustive. Adapt the list according to the specific needs of your organization.
Ask your short list of vendors these questions and rate their responses. Get a live demo with the vendor representative to see the system in action. It should inspire confidence that the software is stable, reliable, and capable of meeting your needs.
- Given the current number of contacts, users, and emails sent per month, what is the expected monthly payment now? In one year? In three years?
- How long has the company been in business?
- What kind of training resources are available?
- Is a trial account available? For how long? How is it limited?
- Is support included? Are there limitations?
- What kind of response times can be expected?
- Is support in-house or outsourced?
- What kind of customer reviews are there?
- How often is the software updated?
- How is your data secured and protected? Can the vendor share it in any way?
- Do you agree with the principles the company stands for? Its mission/vision statement?
- How many users can the account hold?
- What is the cost, if any, to add additional users?
- How easy is it to limit access of users to certain areas of the system?
- Does the contact view show the user everything he needs to see?
- Can the contact view be customized?
- How many custom fields can be attached ...