This three and a half-hour social media analytics class is packed with real-world examples and expert advice. The densely packed session covers a wide range of community-related subjects, leaving you with a solid foundation for social media campaigns and an invaluable list of tips and tricks you can apply immediately.
The field of web analytics tries to tie visitor behavior to business outcomes, so you can understand what makes people do the things you want them to on your website. But today, you have to look beyond your own website to your entire presence online, tracking interactions from a first impression to a successful transaction. That means monitoring the social platforms and online communities where your customers, prospects and partners hang out, and where your market forms its opinions.
There are plenty of reasons to monitor your online presence. Communities let you engage your customers better, detect nascent problems before they become web-wide disasters, mine buzz and build word of mouth, make sure new products are designed properly, and generate new leads. The challenge is tying all of these benefits to hard data so the rest of your organization cares about them.
Authors Alistair Croll and Sean Power are longtime proponents of this holistic approach to web monitoring. In this Master Class, Alistair shows you how to apply the measurement techniques and quantitative methods of web analytics to online communities. You'll learn how to try unique, memorable campaigns; how to measure their effectiveness in ways that make them relevant to the business; and how to learn from the results.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Communilytics 00:08:29
- Why Care About Online Communities 00:23:34
- The Anatomy of a Conversation 00:09:13
- The 8 Community Archetypes 00:18:57
- The Bigger Picture: What Analytics Can Teach Us 00:51:36
- What is Communilytics? 00:23:57
- Case Study 1: Strangeloop Networks 00:10:33
- Case Study 2: Beers4Canada 00:19:57
- Case Study 3: TechCrunch50 00:06:43
- Communilytics "top 10 list" (advanced tricks) 00:15:04
- The Road Ahead 00:10:47
- Final Q & A 00:10:46
- Title: Croll & Power's Communilytics Master Class
- Release date: February 2010
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449388140