Chapter 17. Improving app performance with debugging
This chapter covers
- Debugging errors on the client with Chrome Developer Tools
- Debugging errors on the server in Node.js
- Profiling UI performance and memory usage
- Using flame graphs to spot performance bottlenecks
- Debugging Electron apps with Devtron
Humans write programs, and humans make mistakes, even ones that automated testing tools won’t capture. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to get ahold of a stack trace that reports what error occurred and where it happened in the code.
However, some bugs are subtler and won’t necessarily result in an error. To find these bugs, you need to use tools that can help to diagnose what’s going on in the code, as well as how the app is performing ...