Tailor your apps to appeal to a global market. Microsoft MVP Chris Miller steps you through the process of enabling multiple language support, while using a single shared set of language resources using the .NET Framework.
You will learn to adapt a simple mobile application for the Android, iOS, and Windows platforms, and handle the localization and internationalization on each platform. You will test the application for localization support and to avoid common pitfalls. Using Xamarin Forms and Visual Studio, the app will be implemented for Android, iOS, and Windows 10 UWP, and 99% of the code will be shared across the platforms.
What You Will Learn:
- What localization and internationalization are and why they matter
- Support multiple languages on each platform
- Handle cultural differences such as dates and currencies
- Use tools such as Microsoft’s Multilingual App Toolkit to manage language resources
- Create a localized, cross-platform app with Android Studio, Xcode, Xamarin, and Visual Studio tools
- Get help translating the text from the application
Who This Book Is For:
Mobile app developers currently writing native apps for Windows Phone, Android, and iOS
- Title: Cross-platform Localization for Native Mobile Apps with Xamarin
- Release date: December 2016
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484224663